Saturday, February 1, 2014

Preorder More Rambling... Common Sense and Such

Common sense from my perspective and my perspective is really all I have are those wisdom bits or simple understanding we would pick up or absorb from simply living and playing close attention, in many cases from those who came before us. However, there are the young among us, who could teach a thing or two about the commonest sense.
Common sense was imperative to my growth because though I was raised by strong women with common sense, there were times when they were so overwhelmed by their own lives, they were unable to always say what it was I should know or understand, however by paying close attention I was able to discern and sometimes quite by accident I absorbed and was saved by the most common.
My intent here is not to teach or preach but to share my own experiences and those things I learned through living and observation because one does not have to go through every experience, one can simply learn by paying attention and applying. There is truly no one in the world, one can learn all that is necessary by being taught one to one.
I had an experience at work once where I told a young woman she had to pay for own transcripts. Her education and books were being funded. She looked askance and asked why?
Without blinking, I said, “It is just common sense we would ask you to pay ten dollars when we had financed your education to the tune of thousands of dollars.” She stared at me blankly. Once she left it occurred to it was not common to her. If a person has not been taught, seen it up close or had it occur, it does not exist as being common. That took me a long time to reconcile.
In many ways it is much like telling a toddler not to touch the hot stove. Some will listen and others will have to touch it. However, once their hand is burned, it is then the most common thing not to touch stoves.

COMING FEBRUARY 7, 2014. 

Just love!

Angelia 

No comments:

Post a Comment